We are delighted that you will be joining us for Joint Annual Meeting (JAM) 2021 of the Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota Conferences of the United Church of Christ (UCC). We will enjoy a weekend together of worship, business, fellowship, exploration, and much more! Like last year, the event will be held on a completely virtual platform.
This year’s theme is “Creation Care: Understanding our Commitment to Eco-Justice”. Some of the ways you can engage in the theme include attending several workshops, participating in an article study group, and listening to our guest speaker. We gather around the image offered in Psalm 1 of a tree that grows deeply and stretches broadly by the flowing waters of life as a way to invigorate, reimagine, and promote what it is to be a steward of the land in our own communities, our nation, and all of creation.
More information on the event can be found at www.ucctcm.org/annualmeeting. The event is open to all church leaders, congregants, and anyone excited to learn about and celebrate the life of the UCC in our Conferences!
Below you will find the schedule of events for the weekend. NOTE: all times are given in Central Time and there will be many breaks throughout the event.
- 6:00pm - Welcome and Opening Ceremonies
- 7:00pm - Workshops
- 8:00pm - Trivia and Dance Party
- 8:00am - Article Study and Coffee Hour
- 9:00am - Workshops
- 10:00am - Keynote Speaker - Winona LaDuke
- 11:45am - Lunch Break
- 1:00pm - Tri-Conference UCC Ministries Update
- 1:45pm - Separate Conference Business Meetings
- 3:45pm - Closing Worship
REGISTRATION FEE/DEADLINE: $20 per person from June 1st until June 18th at 11:59pm CT. $25 per person from June 19th until June 24th at 11:59pm CT.
- Payment is required during registration process below.
- No refunds available after June 24th, 2021.
- Pay online using an electronic check, or a debit or credit card.
- For those who prefer using the electronic check method, enter your check information during the registration process and you may void/shred your check.
REGISTER ONLINE quickly and securely for yourself and/or a group.
- Our online system requires a Registrant's information in addition to information about all Attendees being registered by that individual. If you are registering for yourself, or including your registration among a group you're registering together, simply choose “copy from [your name]” to automatically fill the blanks for your attendee information and then continue.
- In the Your Church box, you'll choose from a list of all Tri Conference churches, arranged in alphabetical order by state/Conference and then city name (ex: IA – Des Moines, Plymouth Congregational UCC). Tap the letter I for Iowa, N for Nebraska or S for South Dakota to move quickly to your Conference's section of the list.
CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION and LOGIN INSTRUCTIONS
Once you have completed your registration, you will receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Your confirmation will include instructions on how to access the virtual platform. If you do not receive an email, contact the Conference office at 515-277-6369
or email email@example.com. (Be sure to check your junk email if you don't see the confirmation in your regular email before contacting the office.)
Please review the Photo Release statement below. During registration, you'll be asked to provide (or withhold) your consent to be a part of the recording during this event.
During registration, you will be asked to accept or decline the release below. By making a selection, you will be considered to have provided an electronic signature.
- I grant the UCC Conference the right and a license to reproduce and publish for worldwide electronic and print distribution the identity and/or image of me or my child and, at its sole discretion, to share these names and images with others including, but not limited to, for use in the UCC Conference’s publications and displays, the online news magazine of the Conference, the email newsletter of the Conference, print newsletters and other publications, the Conference website and/or other electronic and print forms or media.
- I hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the finished photographs or printed or electronic matter that may be used in conjunction with them now or in the future, whether that use is known to me or unknown, and I waive any privacy and publicity interests which me or my child may have in our identities or such images.
- I hereby agree to release, defend, and hold harmless the UCC Conference from and against any claims, damages or liabilities arising from or related to the use of the names or images covered by this agreement.
By making a selection, you are confirming that you are one of the following —
- I am 18 years of age or older and I am competent to contract in my own name. I have read this authorization and release before signing below, and I fully understand the contents, meaning and impact of this release. I understand that I am free to address any specific questions regarding this release by submitting those questions in writing prior to signing, and I agree that my failure to do so will be interpreted as a free and knowledgeable acceptance of the terms of this release.